" A year from now you may wish you had started today "

09 July 2011


What should i do?

A very agitated woman rang up her doctor and a servant answered the phone.

"Can I speak to Dr. Biddle?" she said, "it's urgent."

"I am very sorry, madam, the doctor is out. Will you leave a message?"

"Oh dear! Oh dear. My ten-year-old little boy has swallowed a fountain pen. When will the doctor be in?"

"I'm afraid, madam, he won't be in for two hours, perhaps three hours."

"Three hours!" cried the woman. "What shall I do in the meantime?"

"I'm afraid madam. You'll have to use a pencil."


David The Army

David joined the army when he was eighteen. And for several months he was taught how to be a good soldier. He did quite well in everything except shooting. One day he and his friends were practicing their shooting, and all of them did well except David. At last the officer said "David! You are quite hopeless! Do not waste your bullets. Go behind that wall and shoot yourself."

David felt ashamed. He went behind the wall, and a few seconds later the officer and the other young soldiers heard the sound of a shot.

"Heavens!" the officer said, "Has that silly man really shot himself??

He ran behind the wall anxiously. But David was all right. "I'm sorry, sir," he said, "but I missed again." 




Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment